Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Current connection2

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/05/16836632-greatest-birthday-for-boy-rescued-from-alabama-bunker-by-fbi

One week ago a boy was kidnapped from his school bus , when Jimmy Dyke stormed the bus demanding two kids and when the driver didn't give him the kids he shot and killed him.

The five year old boys birthday is tomorrow, and his parents say that this is the most special one he has had. He was rescued after the police stormed the bunker and killed Dykes. The bunker was six to eight feet under ground and stocked with supplies. There is no telling how long he could have kept the child there before running out of supplies. 

Being eighteen years old this really affected me. I couldn't imagine being five years old and being put through that kind of situation. Not only having to be put through it but having to live with it for the rest of my life. I also couldn't imagine what his parents went through. I know that when I am gone for a few days my parents worry about me even when they know where I am. With this child being gone for a whole week and the parents not even know what is going on I couldn't imagine what they were feeling.

These memories will stay with the child, family and the kids that were on the bus for the rest of their lives.  Anyone could connect with this because at some point in time they were five years old and could have been in this terrible situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment