Thursday, January 31, 2013

book review

Beyond Belief by Josh Hamilton was fantastic, this book kept me very entertained throughout the whole novel. This book is a biography of Josh Hamilton, it goes all the way back to the high school days and all the way up to his current life in the MLB.

I can connect with this book with the fact that I play high school baseball and that professional athletes have always been someone I look up too. My Grandparents are also Texas Rangers fans they have followed Josh since his minor league days and knew what kind of star he could become.

This book talks about his ups and downs. He struggled with drug abuse in his early years as being a professional, enough that he was banned from the league. I believe that this book would really inspire young athletes to not get into drugs and help them stay clean.

Many high school athletes use professionals as their role models, Josh Hamilton is a great example on how to overcome a great obstacle. Many students who read this may begin to use this as a role model and would really affect their lives. The athletes that may need a role model or just a little help in overcoming an obstacle are who I believe should read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment